Management Team/Leadership/ Board of Directors
Op-T’s executive team and members of its Board bring a wealth of biomedical product development experience, industry connections and medical insights to support future growth. As a small company, Op-T relies heavily on this experienced core for guidance, feedback and their networks of industry contacts. Among the key contributors furthering the commercialization of Op-T’s therapeutics are:
• Charlie Henry, Op-T Co-founder, CEO and Chairman: Brings 30 years of biomedical company development and management experience to his leadership of Op-T. Mr. Henry has worked within the diagnostic, device and pharmaceutical sectors as a CEO. He has raised tens of millions of dollars through equity sales, negotiated complex licensing and distribution agreements with international and domestic partners, and led successful corporate sales to public and private acquirers.
• David H. Wagner, Jr., PhD, Op-T Co-founder, CSO: In addition to being CSO at Op-T, Dr. Wagner is an Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. He has more than 20 years of experience in medical research as an immunologist focused on autoimmune diseases, including type 1 diabetes and Multiple Sclerosis. He has generated over 10 million dollars in grant funding for medical research. He coordinates all of Op-T’s pre-clinical testing; provides oversight on formulations and routes of administration; is responsible for analyzing data and contributes to the development of new intellectual property.
• Henry H. Haight, IV, Op-T Director: Has 50 years of corporate management and venture capital investment expertise. Mr. Haight’s corporate management work spans furniture making to telecommunications to biomedical to security software operations. As a venture capital investor and fund manager, Mr. Haight was managing director and either sole founder or a cofounder of South East Asia Venture Investment Company, Advent International Corporation, Venture Manufacturing Singapore and Argo Global Capital. In composite, these funds had greater than $1 billion under management and the majority of funds were invested outside of the US. Mr. Haight has served on scores of corporate boards and guided his companies through hundreds of corporate transactions at the private and publically traded levels.
• Irene Chow, PhD, Op-T Director: Dr Chow provides to Op-T insight and expertise from her more than 30 years of experience as a CEO and senior executive in drug development. Dr. Chow spent 18 years at CIBA Geigy prior to its sale to Novartis as Senior Vice President of its global R&D efforts. Under her guidance 12 new drugs in cancer, endocrine, bone metabolism and other fields progressed through the development, clinical testing and regulatory approval process to receive market clearance from the FDA. Dr. Chow spent another 12 years as CEO and Chairperson of Genelabs Technology and led its successful sale to GlaxoSmithKline in 2009.
• Robert A. Vigersky, MD, Op-T Director: Dr. Vigersky’s unique background in the military, academic and corporate management of diabetes brings to Op-T a high-level of expertise in the latest trends in endocrinology, patient care, grant fulfillment and strategic decision making. Dr. Vigersky is currently a Senior Medical Director at Medtronic’s Diabetes Division; Director Emeritus, Diabetes Institute, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center; and, Colonel (retired) from U.S. Army Medical Corps. Furthermore, Dr. Vigersky was a Past-President of the Endocrine Society and a Professor of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences.